Included in basic set-up:
Content Management System (generally Joomla or WordPress), database-driven site frameworks with vast capacity for add-ons. Go to the links for examples.
- consultation on your needs and wishes
- template-based design to give your organization consistency – Individual and highly customized. No two alike!
- responsive framework - looks good and works well on all devices!
- static front page (www.rodeomotorsports.com) or dynamic -- latest articles float to the top (www.uuwr.org)
- user editing of pages/articles with easy front-end log-in
- One hour’s training on basic article adding and editing
- custom icon (that tiny logo that shows up next to your site name in the browser)
- breadcrumbs (indicators for what page you are on in the site, such as Home > FAQs > General)
- embed video content from YouTube and more (www.henryshamburgers.com)
- search feature that includes all articles, documents, and calendar entries (www.uuwomensconnection.org)
- social media share buttons (http://chalicesparx.org)
- search optimization: search-engine-friendly URLs with keywords instead of numbers.
Small - up to 5 pages
Medium - up to 10 pages and 1 extra ( + 130.00 )
Large - up to 20 pages and 2 extras ( + 240.00 )
XLarge - up to 30 pages and 3 extras ( + 360.00 )
Complex - negotiated ( + 590.00 )
1 year registration for your domain name, automatically renewed until you cancel.
An alternative is for us to set you up with a Domain Registrar account in your name. That requires a $35 additional one-time fee.
You "rent" space from us.
Basic or Nonprofit (LW100 package) site space comes with:
- 500 MB space (usually plenty unless uploading lots of photos and audio/video -- we have other options for that though)
- 10 e-mail accounts (important to use a site-related e-mail that people can remember. It can go to whoever in your company or group is handling the e-mails)
- E-mail forwarding (so e-mail from the site could be forwarded to your personal e-mail without publishing personal e-mail addresses on the site)
- Webmail (so you can retrieve your e-mail on the web anywhere)10 e-mail "chat" lists (based on the program, "Mailman"). These have an advantage over groups sponsored by Yahoo or other “free” groups – no ads!
- automatic spam filter, that can be set to automatically discard spam.
- Metadata -- that's the description and keywords that help search engines find your site
- Site statistics including what search string your readers are finding the site with
- Regular redundant backups of the entire site *
- Password protected sections (for example, if you want to upload documents for the internal use only)
Tech support on server-related matters and program-related questions
- cPanel access and Softaculous program installer
For Business: LW200 package includes 1GB space and 2GB bandwidth, 20 e-mail accounts, 20 mailing lists, and 4 databases besides the above features.
Many more features are available. Cost is generally $150 per hour.
Call me for a guided tour! Then let's discuss your website wishes.
- custom logo design or other graphic art/photo reworking (chalicesparx.com)
- different background photos on each page (www.rodeomotorsports.com)
- photo gallery (there are several versions used here on Ladyweave.com) or linked with your Google Photos
- social media displays (www.dialoscafe.com/specials)
- newsletter and mailing list (www.cronecurriculum.net/blog)
- simple shopping carts with PayPal (www.uuwr.org/new-store)
- Custom shopping carts and auction software (www.finetooljournal.net)
- Event registration connected to PayPal credit card processing (www.swuuw.org), with extensive reporting capabilities. I've put together a comparison of some available registration systems.
- Content updates. When you’re too busy to edit web text. By annual package or hourly. We'll want to make a guess at how often the site will need updates, what kind and how many.
- Training. Simple edits of existing articles or adding calendar entries can be done by a member of the group. We're happy to train people on the basics, which can be done on a phone conference call in about an hour. More than half of our clients do their own article and event updating and adding.
- Customer Relations Management database
- Database design and implementation. By quotation only after consultation.
- blog - see www.cronecurriculum.net ( + 30.00 )
- calendar - see www.firstparishmedfield.org ( + 80.00 )
- Slideshow - see www.ladyweave.com ( + 50.00 )
- audio/video - see www.uuccpf.org ( + 80.00 )
- forms - see www.ladyweave.com/planning ( + 90.00 )
- sitemap - www.ladyweave.com/about/sitemap ( + 30.00 )
- document manager - organize PDFs and more https://chalicesparx.org/documents/campers ( + 95.00 )
- set up cloud storage account ( + 50.00 )
- random quotes - see www.uuwomensconnection.org ( + 45.00 )
- “reCaptcha” security system for forms ( + 20.00 )
All content you supply, or pay to have created (logos, for example) belong to you. That means, if you wish to close your site or move it to a different hosting provider, Ladyweave Web Design will transfer to you all files necessary to install the entire site elsewhere, plus all source materials used to create your content. These files will allow your new hosting provider to quickly set your site back up, or create a new one from the materials provided.
Ladyweave Web Design will release any domains we have purchased for you to an authorized representative of your organization.
Please be sure your domain and hosting fees are paid up to date. Since the hosting fees are paid in advance, you may ask for a pro-rated refund of those charges. No refunds will be given if you are not paid up to date.
No refunds will be given on one-time fees (Setup and Design).